ChristCenteredPolitics

My thoughts on politics from a Christian perspective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Small Groups

My church uses the small group method proposed by Rick Warren. Thing is it's like a Phalanx, in that it really only goes one way. It's very good at going that one way though. Thing is sometimes you need to change directions, to take advantage of situations.

That's what I don't like about the small group method. If you want to talk about something else... Well your out of luck. Sure small groups are a good thing. But they shouldn't be the whole means of the church helping individuals.

Another thing I don't like is all this talk about community. If you go to a small group there is a couples there. Well how can I have community when I don't have a girlfriend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home