ChristCenteredPolitics

My thoughts on politics from a Christian perspective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 06, 2007

By 221 B.C., the first Qin emperor, Ying Zheng, united the warring kingdoms of China. Changing his name to Qin Shi Huangdi, he also became the first Chinese emperor to attempt to stamp out the widespread development of weapon skills, martial arts, and specifically the knowledge of the Bing-fa. Huangdi's burning of books to suppress knowledge is famous, but, according to The Records of the Historian, he also collected all the weapons from the citizenry and had them made into bronze bells and twelve giant statues, each weighing two hundred tons. However, all this eventually accomplished was to accelerate the replacement of these weapons with newer, more modern iron weapons. Bing-fa: Martial Arts Strategy by Sun-Tzu and Gary Gagliardi
I believe those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it. That why I found this paragraph interesting. It reminded me of the gun control where people turn in there guns because I believe the effect is the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home