ChristCenteredPolitics

My thoughts on politics from a Christian perspective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Companies ought to be responsible for collecting taxes online and out of state. As many states grapple with state deficits one way to solve this problem is getting more revenue. How would one get more revenue for their state? By making the companies that do business online collect the taxes.

This would also make things more efficient. As the IRS and the State departments of Revenue wouldn't have to chase down all the people who don't pay their taxes on out of state purchases. I pay the taxes on them, but I know alot of people don't. So not only would the state raise more money, they would save money as well.

They would kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Also then most people wouldnt' have to deal with it in the first place. Also, I mean if you do business online or out of state your usually a bigger company. Bigger companies could more afford to do this sort of thing.

Then it would also give an advantage to local businesses since they wouldn't have to pay for shipping as well. As of right now, how many people REALLY pay the sales taxes on out of state goods? I mean really, I do but I would guess there is quite a few that don't.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home