ChristCenteredPolitics

My thoughts on politics from a Christian perspective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, May 01, 2010

"A certain nobleman went to a distant country to receive a kingdom for himself, and then return.  And he called ten of his slaves, and gave them ten milnas, and said to them, 'Do business with this until I come back.'  "But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying 'We do not want this man to reign over us.'  "And it came about that when he returned, after receiving the kingdom, he ordered that these slaves, to whom he had given the money, be called to him in order that he might know what business they had done.  "And the first appeared, sayng, 'Master, your minas has made ten , minas more."  "And he said to him, 'Well done, good slave, because you have been faithful in a very little thing, be in authority over ten cities.'  "And the second came, saying, 'Your mina, master, has made five minas.'  "And he said to him also, 'And your are to be over five cities.'  "And another came saying, 'Master, behold your mina, which I kept put away in a handkerchief; for I was afraid of you, because your are an exacting chief; for I was afraid of you, because you did not lay down, and reap what you did not sow.'  "He said to him, 'By your own words I will judge you, you worthless slave.  Did you know that I am an exacting man, taking up what I did not lay down, and reaping what I did not sow?  'Then why did you not put the money in the bank, and having come, I would have collected it with interest?;  "And he said the bystanders, 'Take the mina away from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas.'  "And they said to him, 'Master, he has ten minas already.'  "I tell you that to everyone who has shall more be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. Luke 19: 11-26 
This reminds me of Trish at the Wilderness.  For one thing, they ought to have planned better for expenses.  If they double the size of the resort they ought to increase the housekeeping budget.  I was taught in my business management course work that a person shouldn't be held responsible for things that they can't control.  However, she was in a position where she could the costs.

If the company isn't making money the management ought to be the first to take a pay cut.  They are in a position where they have a control on the costs.  They should be setting the example.  Not trying to run the place into the ground.

Year after year they lost their best workers because they were too stingy with the wages.  Now sure they can go hire new people.  But on average it costs 1200 dollars per hire on company.  Now that's not talking like a supervisor, that's talking a regular joe.

They put people in a supervisor positions who didn't know what they were doing.  Sure they can train them, but they don't.  Personally, if I were the owners, I would have a management shakeup and it would start with Human Resources then work it way to every department.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home